We are seeking an experienced and proven Commercial Manager to join our growing Transport division to support and enhance the growth of our successful Transport business.
The ideal candidate will have a proven successful track record in attracting and gaining new business with responsibility for contract management and negotiations, ensuring the continued success and growth of the Transport Division.
This role is crucial to strengthen our market position, by locating, developing and securing new business by closing the sale.
- Fundamentally responsible for generating new business opportunities, bringing in new business from existing and new clients.
- Account Management responsibilities for current accounts and ensuring desired revenue goals are met and enhanced where possible.
- Manage own pipeline, in accordance with the CRM system, calculating quotations and tenders efficiently and following up accordingly.
- Collaborate with other departments to support the Transport Division growth and develop accurate consistent bids and reporting the divisional MD on regular basis.
- Keep accurate records of contract renewal and negotiations. Complete Sales reports, customer profile reports.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, reviewing and developing operations processes to improve performance and maximise growth to ensure the Transport Division success.
- Ensuring agreed SLA’s are met and customer service standards are paramount.
- Adhere to all health and safety regulations and standards, ensuring legislative compliance in all areas.
Qualifications / Key attributes
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in transport industry, attracting and gaining new business.
- Strong sales background with evidence of an extensive network.
- Strong knowledge of the Transport Industry and associated regulatory bodies.
- Ability to set financial targets and ensure delivery in relation to business development.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong sales and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
How do I apply?
Think you’ve got the relevant skills, experience and enthusiasm? Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know why you stand out from the crowd…