Platts Commercial Services is a forward thinking and initiative company looking to develop their business even further and are a Drivers Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) approved Authorised Testing Facility centre (ATF).
We at Platts Commercial Services, pride ourselves on providing our customers with a first class experience, and are looking for a hands on proactive Manager to take us to the next level.
As Garage Manager you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Overseeing current HGV Mechanics and Apprentice Mechanics teams.
- Managing the utilisation of vehicle inspection pits.
- Ensuring all relevant paperwork is accurately completed and maintained in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring the quality of work from all HGV Mechanics is of the highest possible standard.
- Liaise with current and potential new suppliers to ensure the correct supply of parts, in a timely manner, and that a paper trail is maintained for our Accounts team.
- Accurately and efficiently manage Blue-Crystal Workshop management software for vehicle maintenance work.
- Accurately provide estimates and quotes to potential customers, and manage follow up actions to convert quotes into work.
- Maintain contact with existing customers, and potential customers so that we become their number one choice for HGV maintenance.
- Manage the DVSA ATF bookings, and dealings with the DVSA.
- Ensure excellent workshop cleanliness levels exist.
- Manage the team efficiencies on a shift rota on a 4 on 4 off pattern.
To be successful in your application as Garage Manager, we are looking for the following skills:
- Have commercial knowledge of a wide range of HGV vehicles, and trailers.
- Experience of overseeing mechanics, and giving direction and be able to balance their workloads.
- First class communication skills.
- Have an excellent attention to detail.
- IT literate is essential
- Ideally have experience using Blue-Crystal or any other workshop management software.
In return we are offering:
- An industry competitive salary.
- 28 days annual leave (inc BH).
- The chance to work in a modern and up to date workshop facility.
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday working 8 am to 6pm.