Working from the depot located in Llay, Wrexham, as the HGV Mechanic / Fitter, you will work as part of a team of 4, with duties to include, although not be limited to:
- Carrying out routine and preventative maintenance inspections for over 130 HGV trailers
- Identifying faults on trailers and carrying out repairs to the highest possible standards
- Attending breakdowns and call outs where appropriate
- Carrying out pre-MOT inspections and presenting vehicles and trailers for MOT testing at the company’s on site DVSA Authorised Testing Facility
- Completing vehicle service sheets and job card documentation to the required standard
- Ensuring that the company’s excellent road worthiness reputation with VOSA is maintained
- Assisting with the training and development of two apprentices
What will I receive in return?
You will be part of a friendly, positive and professional team within a well-established and employee focused company, where you will be provided with opportunities for continuous professional development.
Salary: Starting from £13 per hour level dependent on experience and qualifications.
Contract: Permanent, full time hours, working 4-on-4-off shift patterns.
What will I need to be considered for this HGV Mechanic?
- Proven experience and knowledge as a Mechanic working with heavy goods trailers and their components
- Qualified HGV Mechanic to at least City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 in a HGV technical qualification
- Hold a C+E driving licence, and preferably hold a Drivers CPC qualification
- Ability to ensure vehicles and trailers are maintained in line with up to date VOSA standards
- Experience of working to health and safety, and COSHH requirements
- Computer literate with experience of using email and Microsoft Office applications
Although not essential, proven experience of fabrication and welding would be highly advantageous for this role.
More about us:
Over recent years, Platts have been pleased to win numerous awards from West Cheshire & North Wales Chamber of Commerce, as well as the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) Scale up Business of the Year Award for Wales, all made possible by the successful, hardworking and passionate team. In 2020, Platts were certified a ‘Fairplay Employer’ by ChwaraeTeg.
How to Apply:
If you’d like to join a progressive family business- and have the relevant qualifications and experience, you can get in touch by emailing email@example.com , or apply online here by uploading your CV and covering letter. We look forward to hearing from you!