Here are our top tips. They’re not groundbreaking… but we all need a reminder now and again!
- Store bulk fresh sawdust in a dry environment! Doesn’t matter what bedding you have, if it’s in a poorly covered area, it’s going to get wet! There’s no point in allowing the bedding to get damp before you’ve even begun…
- Turn the pile undercover if you can – to allow it to dry out even more! Throughout the summer months, fresh sawdust can be a good option, since it’ll be fairly dry anyways.
- In the shed, keep the passageways clean and well scraped, so that cows aren’t dragging as much muck onto the cubicles. You’ll keep the bedding cleaner and drier for longer- and reduce bacterial contamination.
- As always- bed little and often – to keep cubicles clean and dry. If you have cow mats, the bedding is only required to absorb any moisture on the mat. Make sure to sweep away any soiled sawdust from the cubicles before applying clean bedding.
- Mix your bulk fresh sawdust with any remaining kiln-dried sawdust you may have leftover – to further increase the dry matter – and make the dried sawdust go further!
Interested in our Bulk Fresh Sawdust? Contact us here for more information…